Vinyl fencing is an attractive fencing option for many homes and businesses in the Treasure Valley. A few reasons to consider vinyl fencing:
- Low maintenance (no painting or staining needed!)
- Easy to clean
- High wind resistance
Treasure Valley Fence can help you select your vinyl fence style and complete installation of your new vinyl fence. Many of the vinyl fence products we offer come with a warranty so you can feel confident in your investment.
How to Maintain and Care for Your New Vinyl Fence
You have made a large investment in your property with a stunning vinyl fence installation, you will need to know the best way to keep it looking it’s best for years to come.
Annual Maintenance Program and Maintenance Tips
We offer an annual maintenance program for our vinyl fence installations. For $75.00 a year we will provide necessary gate adjustments check posts and screws.
To extend the life of your fence, here are some tips:
- Adjust the gate each Spring – gate adjustments and leveling are normal care and maintenance items that the homeowner is responsible for.
- Oil gate hinges and tighten the screws once a year.
- Do not let the gate swing in the wind. Keep it secured.
- Deter children from swinging on the gate.
- Re-tamp and realign the loose posts.
- Do not stack or mount any objects or material near your fence.
- Avoid using weed trimmer at the base of the post.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Clean My Vinyl Fence?
- To remove grass clippings, dirt, and fertilizer chemicals spray your fence using a garden hose on occasion.
- To remove minor stains, use soap and water.
- We recommend using a plastic safe degreaser or a 10:1 water/bleach mixture for the removal of major stains.
How Will My Vinyl Fence Perform in Hot and Cold Weather Conditions?
- Vinyl becomes less flexible in cold weather. However, unless subjected to unusual or extreme impact, it will not break. It is normal for materials to expand and contract with changes in temperature. Flexibility is common and a benefit of Vinyl Fence, which allows it to maintain its strength and shape. Your fence is engineered to withstand normal changes in temperature and changing climates.
Will My Colored Vinyl Fence Fade?
- Yes, all building products when exposed to sunlight gradually weather over time depending on your climate; this is called normal weathering.
Will My White Vinyl Fence Turn Yellow?
- Any white product will gradually dull or fade over time, but this should not be noticeable to you.
Is it Possible to Paint My Vinyl Fence?
- The purpose of having a vinyl fence is to avoid having to paint or stain. Vinyl fences come in a wide variety of colors. Painting the fence will void the warranty.
Does My Warranty Cover Gate Adjustments?
Unfortunately, no. Gate adjustments and leveling are normal care and maintenance items that the homeowner is responsible for. Please ask us about our annual maintenance program.
Homeland Vinyl Fence Warranty
Who and What is Covered by this Warranty
Homeland warrants to the original purchaser/homeowner that its vinyl fence, deck and railing products will be free from manufacturing defects - including peeling, ﬂaking, blistering, rotting and corroding - when subject to normal and proper use.
This warranty is for the lifetime of the original purchaser (and as long as the original purchaser is still living and retains ownership of the property), for all vinyl fences, deck and railing products. Should any defect occur during the warranty period, Homeland will repair or replace, at its option, the defective fence, deck or railing products. In lieu of repair or replacement, Homeland also reserves the right to refund the amount paid by the original owner for the Homeland fence; deck or railing product and such refund shall fully discharge all obligations and liabilities of Homeland under this warranty.
In no event shall Homeland be liable or responsible for labor charges or other expenses arising from or pertaining to the removal or installation of either the original or replacement product.
Should Homeland repair or replace a defective product under the terms of this warranty, the original warrant shall apply to the repaired or replaced fence, deck or railing product, and will extend for the balance of the warranty period in effect at the time the material proved defective.
This warranty automatically terminates upon the sale of the property or death of the last of the individuals that owned the property at the time of installation.
The lifetime coverage offered by this warranty for Homeland products is applicable only to single-family residences. In the case of fence, deck or railing product material that is installed upon any other type of building or premises, the warranty period will be 30 years following the installation of the fence, deck or railing.
This warranty does not apply to or provide protection against any failure, defect or damage resulting from events or conditions that are beyond normal exposure or customary usage, including, but not limited to:
- Misuses, abuse, neglect or improper handling or storage;
- Improper installation;
- Use of accessories or other products which do not properly receiver and/or secure Homeland’s fence, deck and railing products;
- Impact of foreign objects, ﬁre, earthquake, ﬂood, lightning, hail, hurricane, tornado or other casualty or act of God;
- Movements, distortion, collapse or settling of the ground or structure on which the fence, deck or railing product is installed;
- Damage by horses or other large animals that may impact a fence in which they are enclosed;
- Discoloration or other damage caused by air pollution (including but not limited to metal oxides or metallic particles), mildew, exposure to harmful chemicals or normal weathering from the elements; or
- Any other cause not involving manufacturing defects in the material supplied by Homeland;
Normal weathering is deﬁned as exposure to sunlight and extremes of weather and atmosphere, which will cause any colored surface to gradually fade, chalk, or accumulate dirt or stains. The severity of any condition depends on the geographical location of the fence, deck or railing products, the cleanliness of the air in the area, and many other inﬂuences over which Homeland has no control. Homeland shall have sole discretion to determine, based on reasonable criteria, whether the fence, deck or railing products are suffering from normal weathering.
This warranty does not apply to any fence, deck or railing product which has been painted, varnished or on which any other substance has been applied over the manufacturer’s original ﬁnish.
The homeowner/purchaser acknowledges and agrees that Homeland may, without notice to the homeowner/purchaser, discontinue or modify any of its products, including, without limitation, the style, size or color. Homeland shall not be liable in the event replacement material varies from the original product. If Homeland replaces any material under this warranty, it may substitute products designated by Homeland to be of comparable quality or price range in the event the product initially installed has been discontinued or modiﬁed.
Transferability of the Warranty
This warranty is not transferable, with the exception of the following circumstances: This warranty may be transferred only by the original homeowner/purchaser and only on one occasion, upon compliance with the following requirements. Within thirty (30) days from the date of the transfer of the real property, the original homeowner/purchaser shall deliver to Homeland (i) a written request for transfer of the warranty, (ii) proof of the original purchase of the Homeland products, and (iii) a $100 transfer fee payable to Homeland. Failure to comply timely with each of the foregoing requirements will terminate this warranty and relieve Homeland of any further obligation or liability under this warranty. Time is of the essence. During the ﬁrst ten (10) years after the date of the original installation of the products, a duly transferred warranty shall remain in full force and effect as to all products covered thereby. After such ten (10) year period, Homeland’s responsibility and liability under a duly transferred warranty shall decrease by ﬁve percent (5%) per year. At no time, however, shall Homeland’s responsibility under this warranty for fence, deck and railing products be less than 10 percent (10%) of the original homeowner/purchaser’s original purchase price for the material. Other Conditions
THIS WARRANTY REPLACES, SUPERSEDES AND EXCLUDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, ORAL WRITTEN OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL HOMELAND BE LIABLE FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGE TO THE BUILDING, ITS CONTENTS OR ANY PERSON THEREIN RESULTING FROM THE BREACH OF THIS WARRANTY. HOMELAND DOES NOT AUTHORIZE ITS FIELD REPRESENTATIVE, DISTRIBUTORS OR DEALERS TO MAKE ANY CHANGE OR MODIFICATION TO THIS WARRANTY. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON, OR THE EXCLUSION OF, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS, MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This warranty gives you speciﬁc legal rights, and you may also have other rights that may vary from state to state.
What the Customer Must Do
The homeowner/purchaser must properly notify Homeland in writing of any manufacturing defect and provide proof of the date of purchase and installation, as well as proof of property ownership. All notiﬁcations should be sent to Homeland Vinyl Products, Inc., P.O. Box 170729, Birmingham, Alabama 35217-0729, Attention: Warranty Claim Department. The consumer may be required to submit a sample of the defective material to Homeland for analysis. Homeland will then investigate the claim and may examine the material claimed to be defective. If a defect covered by the warranty is conﬁrmed, Homeland, within a reasonable amount of time after the inspection, will repair or provide replacement material for the fence, deck or railing product, or refund the amount paid by the original owner for the fence, deck or railing product and accessories, per the terms of this warranty.
This warranty is effective for products purchased after January 1, 2001.